I intended to start this blog last June so I could keep everyone up to date on where we were and what was going on but I never got around to it. So, here is the overview. We lived in Des Moines Iowa for 3 years doing podietry school and then in May of 2008 when Emily was 5 months old we moved to Utah. We lived with J.R.'s Aunt and Uncle from June to the beginning of September while J.R. did a rotation at the VA medical center. Then we went back to Des Moines and that's another long story. Anyway, we moved to Tucson AZ at the beginning of October where J.R did another rotation at the VA there. We had a lot of fun in the warm October weather and we got to live in a house all alone that month! Emily and I went for a walk almost every day and we loved exploring the city. In November we were in Portland OR. That was hard to go from warm sunny days to cool dreary rainy days. I had a hard time with that one. The ciry was very confusing and I was frusterated most of the time. Every time I took J.R. to work I would get lost for about an hour before I could get back home and then I would get lost again when I went to go get him. Needless to say, I was very glad to leave that city. In December we were in Albuquerque NM. We lived with some members of the church there who were kind enough to let us stay in their home even though they had never met us before. We will always be grateful to them for the kindness they showed us. Emily turned one on December 5th too! We left Albuquerque a little bit early and visited a residency program in Denver CO. Then we went to Fort Worth TX for Christmas with J.R.'s sister Bridgette and her husband and their 2 adorable little boys! We had so much fun and the weather was so nice! I was thinking we were crazy to leave there. From there we headed up to Johnson City NY where we spent the month of January. We stopped in Mountain Home TN for a little bit on the way up to NY and we loved it there. NY was very cold and snowy but we got to stay in a little appartment accross the street from the hospital and we were alone that month too! Thankfully there a podietry resident and his wife in our ward who let us borrow some pots and pans and a few dishes otherwise we would have had to buy some or make due with one sauce pan, one fork and a few cups! The only thing there was plenty of was cereal bowls. We enjoyed that month a lot too. In February J.R. went to Scranton PA for his core rotation which will last from February 1st to May 15th. Emily and I went to Littleton NH to live with my parents while J.R. completes this rotation. Emily and I do a web cam thing with J.R. every night so we can all see each other every day. I have gone down to see him twice and I took Emily once. I am going down again this weekend but I don't know if I will bring Emily or not. So, that's been our year in a nutshell. J.R. graduated May 23rd and we are really looking forward to it! We will be together after that and we will enjoy that a lot!
Emily started walking in November when she was 11 months old and she has only gotten faster ever since. She loves to sing songs and read books. She also loves to talk while sucking in! We have had so much fun with her this year and everyday she does something new to make us laugh. She communicates very well, especially when she wants something. If she wants her milk she goes to the fridge and tries to open the door. When we open it she gets her milk out and helps us close the fridge. If she wants a hot dog she has us open the fridge door and she points to the meat drawer while trying to say hot dog. If you know what she wants you can sort of make it out. She knows how to say M&M too! Grandma taught her that one! She is so funny, she loves candy and she knows where it all is! If you are holding her and she wants some she will reach for the cupboard that has the candy and if you tell her no she moves on to the next cupboard that has some kind of goodie in it! She is adorable! I love being a Mom!
Last Day of School 25-26!
1 month ago
It is so fun to read about you and your little family. It sounds like Emily is really growing up. Keep us posted!
ReplyDelete