EMILY IS TWO!!
We celebrated Emily's birthday in Texas this year with J.R.'s sister Bridgette and her husband Ben. The two boys are Devin and Layne, her cousins. J.R. was not able to be here because of work but we had him on skype for cake, ice cream and presents. I came to Texas to help Bridgette with her boys while she is on bedrest with her 3rd pregnancy. J.R. and I are planning on having another little birthday party when we get home.

Uncle Ben (or in Emily's words Ankle) and Aunt Bridgette gave Emily a Mrs. Potato Head!

Changing some of the accesories

The boys were just as excited as she was to open the presents!

Emily's Ducky cake

The head broke part way off before I started frosting the cake so that's why it is crooked. I was just thankful it stayed on long enough for me to finish frosting it and get pictures. We ate the head first so we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.


Emily on her Birthday

I gave her a pair of new shoes the day before her birthday because it decided to get really cold here in Texas and she needed something warmer than crocs.
I was trying to get a few pictures of Emily by herself but she wouldn't hold still, she just wanted to see the pictures!
This one worked a little bit better

Emily really likes to put her shoes on all by herself so I was a little worried that I would have to help her put her shoes on since these are sneekers and her other ones are crocs. I do have to make sure that the velcro is completly undone but other than that she can get them on by herself.

Her first attempt at putting her shoes on

I gave Emily her shoes a day early and it was a good thing because they were the wrong size. I ended up taking her to the store with me and trying on shoes. She need a six, not a five. She loves trying on shoes so I'm sure she was glad I got the wrong size origanally.

Here is a close up of her pretty princess shoes. She insists on wearing them every moment of the day that she is awake. At least I don't have to worry about getting her shoes on when I need to go somewhere!

She looks so sweet taking a nap
Happy Birthday Em! I'm glad you were able to spend it with us.
ReplyDelete