Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baking and Coloring

Emily in a pretty new dress
When I put this dress on her Sunday morning she started screaming and crying because she didn't like it, but when I gave her the option of which dress she wanted, she chose this one. She is definitely a girl!
Emily helped me make cookies!
The white below her eyebrow is flour

Playing with play dough

Yesterday Emily woke up from her nap wanting to make brownies and since we didn't have any other plans I said OK. She was a good little helper too, she helped stir the flour mixture and she watched as the eggs disappeared into the mixture. Then she enjoyed licking the beater and the spatula when we were all done.

She was trying to wash the chocolate off her fingers

Messy little face!

Emily holds colored pencils, crayons and pens like an adult does and she is barely 2 years old. I decided to take some pictures so I would have some evidence that it is really true!

Emily told me that this is a "Moo"
That means it's either a cow or a horse.

This is the other way she holds a pen. This one has only one finger on top instead of two. All of her drawings (or lines) are very deliberate and she concentrates really hard while she is coloring. I wonder if she is going to be artistic...

1 comment:

  1. Another cute dress! How fun is that? I love the fun ways you are doing her hair. I definitely think she is going to be artistic. That is amazing that she has a pretty good pencil grip already.

    ReplyDelete