Wednesday, December 8, 2010

October and November

We got a piano!
Someone at church was trying to get rid of one and we quickly jumped on it!

I have wanted a piano since I left home and now we have one!

Emily loves it!
She plays it almost everyday

We celebrated J.R.'s birthday on the 26th!
He ended up with 2 cakes because the first one wasn't completely done in the middle. We hollowed out the middle of the first one and filled it with candy bars.

This is what I had in mind with the first one.
This one did get done all the way and J.R. really liked it.

J.R. with his candy bar cake

One of the girls in the ward decided it would be fun to have a Halloween cookie decorating party for the kids. She made most of the cookies and everyone else contributed the frosting, sprinkles and other decorating items.

Emily trying to get some sprinkles to come out of the container.
The holes were too small for the sprinkles that were in there so nothing came out.
(Is it bad that I was kinda happy about that?)

"Hmm, maybe if I shake the container the sprinkles will come out"

Emily put her little stuffed bear on the back of her tricycle one morning and gave it a ride.
She is so cute!

Emily was a princess for Halloween again, however, this year she went with all the accessories.


November!

J.R. and I celebrated our 6th anniversary on November 6th and that morning we woke up to snow! We went sledding in our backyard but that didn't last very long since the snow was melting fast.

We used the snow from the trampoline to make a snowbunny

Here is the finished product!

It died after about 2 hours

My birthday was on the 13th and my wonderful sister, Becky, made me this adorable panda bear cake. It took her 7 1/2 hours to do.

Laura, Emily and Becky with my awesome birthday cake!

Laura, J.R. and Emily

Emily in her "princess coat"

One day Emily told her Daddy that she wanted to read him a book and she wanted him to sit on her lap. This is how they ended up. I wish I had stepped back a little more so we could see Emily's feet sticking out from under J.R.'s legs. It was pretty cute.

Becky and Emily cuddling on the couch.

Emily in her pretty Christmas dress

So pretty

2 comments:

  1. I like the basketball cake! Emily's hair is looking good. I like the way you are styling it. She is looking so grown up. I also love the picture you chose at the top of the blog. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man! If I'd have known you were looking for a piano I have one at my old house that I still need to sell. I love how curly Emily's hair is! She's grown up so much.

    ReplyDelete