I know it's been a while since I updated my blog but I didn't take very many pictures until the end of March.

We have an octagon shaped window above our front door and in the afternoon the sun shines through it and blinds us. It is especially bad if we are sitting on the couch. We tossed around a bunch of ideas for solutions to our problem and finally decided on a wreath. We went to Micheal's and got two wreaths, one round and one heart shaped one. I wrapped stands of flowers around both wreaths and J.R. tied them together for me. I think it turned out really pretty and it does a great job keeping the sun out of our eyes.

On February 28th we got a ton of rain. As you can see the ditch in our backyard overflowed a lot. It really wouldn't be bad if our neighbors had a ditch too but for some reason whoever was in charge of digging the ditches stopped at our house. J.R. has offered to dig a ditch for the neighbors because we get a ton of very noisy frogs down in that area and the mosquitoes are really bad down there but they have not given him permission to dig in their yard yet.

At the beginning of March I babysat a little boy named Steven. He and Emily got along great!

Steven and Emily

On March 23rd J.R. worked until 1am so Emily and I had a Mommy-Daughter Date! We went dress shopping! Emily had a blast! She was running around the dress section asking to try on all the pink dresses they had. Here are all the ones she tried on.
This one was a lot cuter in person. I didn't like how it looked in the picture.

She liked the butterflies and flowers on this one

Admiring herself in the mirror!

She called this one the Cinderella dress

This was the only dress she tried on that was not pink.
She didn't like it once I got it on her.

She absolutely loved this dress!
She kept asking me if we could buy it.

She was so excited about this dress it was hard to get her to hold still long enough for a picture

When she saw this dress she said "Wow Mom, I can get married in this dress!"
The only size they had was a size 6 so it was a little big.

This one was very bright pink!

We ended up buying this dress.
I found a shirt to go under it and I think it made the dress even cuter than before.

This beautiful girl is Brittany
My brother Kris proposed to her on March 10th and they are getting married on August 6th!
I can hardly wait to meet her!

Emily loves her Daddy!

My pretty Princess!

She loves playing Princess dress up!

Emily put all the accessories on me! I think it's funny that she put the crown on upside down!

Now Mommy is a pretty princess too!

We cleaned out our garage and Emily had lots of fun playing in this little basket while J.R. and I worked.

Trying to fill Daddy's shoes is a big job

Emily has been wanting to wear shorts "just like Daddy" for a while now but it was still a little bit cold outside and she didn't have any, so she took matters into her own hands and made her pants into shorts!
No comments:
Post a Comment