It's been a long time since I have posted anything but we have gotten a lot done!
Here's what we have been up to the last 2 months.
Emily and Daddy reading Cars!
He's such a sucker when it comes to Emily and those suckers!
We got it at a yard sale for $30
J.R. is very happy with his new toy!
She's so pretty!
Easter morning!
Emily unwrapped every piece of chocolate in her basket and took one bite out of it before she put it on the floor. I never got her to even taste it again after that.
The Easter baskets we got had hats on them!
We planted some grass in a big dirt spot in our back yard and Emily loved to help me water the grass. She also liked to give Pebbles drinks from the hose!

She got pretty good at it
We didn't use our grill for about a week and a half and then when we went to use it we found a birds nest inside! I think we need to get a cover for the grill!
Some of the rusty bolts and nails we had to get out of the swing set we bought from some friends who were moving.
It took us all day one Saturday to get this thing apart because the bolts were so rusted, but it only took us an hour and a half to put it back together. We did get some new nuts and bolts which helped speed the process up a bit.
Emily really likes it. Everyday she asks if we can go swing. It is so nice to not have to go to the park to swing. I love the swing set too!
The next project was the bathroom. This is the hall bathroom because I didn't take any pictures of ours before we improved it. Anyway, there wasn't really anyplace to put anything. There was not a cabinet behind the mirror and under the sink didn't offer much space either.
This is the only place to store anything in the bathroom and it doesn't even have drawers. The two on top are just there for looks.
The mirror was glued to the wall which we didn't know until J.R. started trying to take it off. While he was trying to get it off in one piece the mirror shattered, so he went to work with a hammer and a chisel and he got it off the rest of the way. This is what our wall looked like when he was done. There were two more spots above what is shown in the picture. We had to patch the wall and then paint it before we could put up our new cabinet. I was happy about that because I really didn't like the paint that was in there.
Here is the finished product!
We love having a cabinet above the sink. It makes it so much easier to clean the bathroom since the counter isn't so cluttered. It looks really nice too!
Emily has only fallen asleep somewhere other than her bed or car seat once in her life. This is the second time. I babysat 3 kids aged 18 months, almost 3 and 4 years old for 5 hours and Emily didn't get a nap. When the kids left Emily crashed.
We painted it blue and we both really like how it turned out.
I love your bathroom! I hate the lack of storage in our bathrooms too, it is on our to do list now that I've seen yours, it looks great!
ReplyDeleteA long post deserves a long comment right? Love the remodel job on the bathroom! I want to paint our bathroom SO bad. The swingset looks so fun! I bet Emily is loving that. The birds nest in the grill is so funny. Good thing you got a picture of it. I wouldn't have believed you if I hadn't seen it. I LOVE that cute little blue dress! Keep posting.
ReplyDelete